The 7th International HUMANIST Conference (24-25 September 2020, Rhode Island, Greece) will bring together researchers, experts and stakeholders from several multidisciplinary communities that are active in the field of Human Factors in Transport, a forum to present current and planned activities as well as to share ideas and experiences.
The HUMANIST conference is organised every 2 years. It brings together a wide range of researchers and experts from the communities of researchers in Human Factors; Behaviour, ITS and vehicle automation. During the conference, researchers present results of recent developments and trends in this area.
Some of the topics that will be discussed:
– How is the road users behaviour, safety and mobility affected by new traffic scenarios including automated vehicles, novel vehicle types, car-sharing schemes and Mobility as a Service?
– What concerns, needs and expectations do people have in relation to these emerging technologies and services? How do people see themselves in the digital transport epoch? How can inclusion and accessibility be promoted and ensured?
– Which are the priorities and technological solutions to be envisaged and adopted within a smart cities transportation environment?
– Which directions should ergonomic designs evolve in so as to ensure adequate passive safety in the changing environments?
– How and to what extent should current HMI (Human Machine Interaction) concepts and tools be adapted to address the evolving technologies?
– How to integrate non-connected and potential socially excluded citizens within future transport systems.
Papers on these topics and many more besides will be presented and discussed in Rhodes during the 7th international HUMANIST Conference.
For further information, click here